Birth Without Fear?
I keep getting advertisements that say things like "Birth Without Fear" and "Painfree Birth". Ok first off I need to say that I am 99% sure I am never giving birth again. I know three isn't a lot of kids, but let me just be honest, three is enough kids for me (I may change my mind but that seems unlikely). But having gone through that little ordeal three times let me just tell you birth without fear is a bunch of crap. I will say that with both Zach and Grace I wasn't fearful so much as aware what was going to happen. With Michael I was terrified, and as labor went on for 20+ hours I just got more an more terrified, especially when nothing happened. With Zach things were fine, I mean as far as labors go they were relatively comfortable and low key. With Grace, I think I was just annoyed. I didnt like my nurse, I wanted her there in time to meet her brothers before swim lessons, and I wanted it to take 8 hours or less because that was how long Zach had taken. But birth without fear- seriously? My fear wasnt for the pain, but for the shear number of things that could go wrong with either one of us. I really want to tell the annoying birth without fear people that my fear was that something would happen to either the baby or me, who the heck cares about pain at that point as long as there is a healthy baby and mother. I know some would say that is naive, but seriously... birth without fear? You are literally pushing a human being out of your body. If you aren't fearful about the birth you should be fearful about what comes next- parenting! Now that little person isn't contained, you have to care for them, teach them, and protect them. I think we should change the slogan to something like parenting without fear, because let's be real, if you've ever given birth you know the hard part comes afterwards.
Comments
Post a Comment