My name is ZACHY not ZACHARY!

Zachary is an opinionated child. He is tough, independent (except when it comes to feeding and dressing himself), and sure of himself. He is a fierce negotiator, a great sleeper, and the most stubborn person I have ever met. Zach cannot be bribed. I have tried. I have tried ever possible thing I can think of while we have been potty training. Zach has been wearing underwear since september, maybe october, it's all a blur. 99% of the time they are dry, if he has an accident it's usually my fault for not reminding him or giving him the chance to pee. But poop... just thinking about it makes by blood pressure shoot up. He will not poop in the toilet. I have no idea why, I know that he can because he has done it, but as a rule he will not poop in the toilet. I have promised every possible prize and activity, threatened him, and his only response is "I'll do it when I'm thirteen, or maybe when I'm a parent". I want to say that he will get the hang of it before then, but to be honest he has the hang of it, he just doesn't want to do it. So now when he says maybe when I'm thirteen, I'm inclined to believe him and that is terrifying. But seriously... why won't he just poop in the toilet? I mean this pooping in your pants nonsense has to be uncomfortable at best, right?
 Zach completed his... maybe 10th session of gymnastics. Let's see, he's done it for two years with 2-3 sessions a season, year round, yeah I've lost count. He LOVES "super gymnastics". I have to say that some kid activities are a rip off, but this one is worth every single penny of the now hundreds of dollars I have spent. He has the BEST coach. She is so patient and kind with the little ones, he adores her and the class. He takes the class with three little friends, they started in Mommy and Me when they weren't even two and now they have moved on to the big class. So fun. He had another graduation on Friday, it was so funny, the coach told him good job and that he was done and he responded "by Coach Kristi I will be back next week!" Too true. At this point I think she expects the 4 of them to sign up every single session, and for now they do!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea