Seperation Anxiety
I can't remember when the boys started to develop separation anxiety, my guess it was sometime around 8-12 months, but Gracie... oh boy does she have this down. Grace watches me all day, she watches as I walk across the room and if it appears that I might leave the room she FREAKS out. There is screaming, there are real tears, it's a total meltdown. Grace often plays on the rug in the living room. From there she has a view of the hallway to my room, the entire kitchen, and the hallway to the front door and stairs. If I go into the pantry and bend down (so I am below the counter line) she screams, if I walk towards my bedroom, she screams, if it looks like I am headed down the hallway towards the stairs she screams. Last night we took the kids to Ikea- we thought Smalland would be pretty empty given that it was Valentine's Day and the kids had been begging to go in, The kids and I got there a few minutes before Brian and Grace and I started walking. I decided not to put her in the pack this time because... she's super heavy. So we went with the stroller. Everyone in Ikea (which thankfully wasnt a lot of people) regretted my decision. She SCREAMED until Brian arrived and carried her.
Her "post". She really likes having the entire toy bucket to pick from. It almost distracts her from the fact that I may leave the room... almost but not quite.
Comments
Post a Comment