Summertime Blues
Ok I know to those living in the frozen tundra this post is going to sound whiny, but to those living in Texas... you know what I mean. This week we had highs in the highs 80's and low 90's. If you are currently buried in snow I am sure that sounds heavenly. But if you are living in Texas that can only mean one thing... summer is on it's way and it is going to be a scorcher! I have to be honest, I actually hate summer. I can't think of a more positive way to describe it. I know some people get depressed in the winter, for me it is the opposite, I HATE summer. Ok depressed is probably too strong a word, but I really dislike it. Summer would be grand if it was actually three months, and not 7. In central texas it starts to heat up mid march and cools off around thanksgiving. I know you think I'm exaggerating, I'm not. The pool seems awesome, until it's mid July and you've been a ton and it's too hot to actually go swimming. Heat seems great until you can feel the burning asphalt through your shoes June-October. Then there's getting in the car and not being able to drive because the steering wheel is literally burning you, convincing the kids that they should leave the house, convincing the kids that they need to come in because it's 9am and they are sweating buckets. I know in the winter there are things you can't do because of weather, but seriously in summer the playground is blistering hot (luckily we arrive nice and early so we do get some playtime in), oh and there's no school. To say am dreading summer might be a bit of an understatement. I have a good friend that says every day you can swim is a good day, she's great, super positive and a native texan. Me, I prefer not to sweat through my clothes before breakfast, but I think I better brace myself because summer is upon us!
Comments
Post a Comment