A Trip to the Arboretum
We had the chance to go to the Dallas Arboretum the other day and it was lovely. We hadnt ever been in the spring and I didnt know what to expect. I had the Arboretum magazine, or whatever it is that they send members but I thought the spring might have been overhyped. Not sure why I thought this since the pumpkin village in the fall was amazing, the photos didnt do it justice, and let's just say that the same is true this time around. The tulips are beautiful, I love tulips so I was blown away.
There were just so many of them, and so many red ones. As red is my favorite color, you can imagine that red tulips are my favorite.
The day we went was beautiful, we had one of our very first warm spring days, the days when you love dallas. You know just a light warm breeze, limited humidity, and no bugs, perfect for a picnic.
Mikey was concerned at first, maybe he was expecting the pumpkin village. He did eventually warm up to the idea. I will have to find the photos and upload them later, but at one point, really during our picnic lunch he was running through the field with his hat on backwards, just loving the sun. It was adorable.Since these photos were taken when we first went in he was concerned. Also he hadnt been freed from his stroller prison so there was that.
After a bit Michael got to ride in the wagon with his friend Cooper. He much preferred this to the stroller, except... well Michael and Cooper are little so they sometimes struggle, and the wagon put them within hitting distance of one another, dont worry we went back to the stroller.
But for a minute the wagon was fun. I dont think these two could look any more opposite.
We played in the new pioneer village for a bit (really dangerous for kids under 5) and then headed to the big empty field surrounded by flowers to eat our lunch. Turns out we were not the only ones with this idea, but it was a lovely day, and the setting could not have been nicer.
I really wanted a photo of us in the tulips... it was a major fail... just wait, these are the good ones. I think we will have to try again later.Loved all the tulips, there were just so many!
See, lovely, may have to frame them. Such a lovely day, cant wait to go back soon!









I found you guys! It had been a while since I came to your old blog, then I found your new one! Can I just say, Michael looks just like Brian. I know I am the last one to say it. He is so cute.
ReplyDelete