“The streets of heaven are too crowded with angels tonight”
So I have a bit of a cold. At first I thought it
was allergies, but when I didn’t respond to allergy medicine and developed a
fever (I never took my temperature but trust me on this one) I threw that idea
out the window. I have to admit that I am not one of those people that uses
herbal remedies for colds. I just don’t do it. I know that my immune system
will kick in soon enough and I will start to get better, but in the meantime I
want relief from the symptoms. I am realistic enough to know that my Nyquil
doesn’t help me get better faster, but boy does it help me feel better. So
after I accepted that I was actually sick and got rid of the ridiculous allergy
idea I had to start taking medicine.
okay I had to start taking medicine at night. After choking on my own phlegm I had to do something. So I mixed together my Nyquil/Sudafed cocktail and headed off to bed. Usually this works great. I sleep a good 8 hours and feel better in the morning. I don’t move, don’t think about breathing, don’t get up, don’t do anything except sleep. This time… not so much. I took the medicine and went to sleep but I woke up about 2 hours later feeling refreshed… which would have been great if it wasn’t 12:55am when I woke up. I decided since I felt great I was just going to get up. Here is the tricky part, mentally I was sure I was good (which was really just the meds talking) but physically not so much. In my attempt to get up and go I really just slumped on the ground. Eventually (5 seconds later) I got it together and walked but then I was in that dizzy I just took too much medicine phase and the room was spinning and the reality was it was 12:55am and I was in no condition to get up. So I went to watch a movie, and this is where I realized that maybe the medicine had messed with my head a bit. I turned on the West Wing (best show ever) and I found it funny. Not witty, laugh out loud hilarious… if you haven’t seen the West Wing let me just tell you it is witty and humorous at times but I wouldn’t say it is laugh out loud funny. But here I was at 1 in the morning laughing, not chuckling, really laughing at the West Wing, and not sleeping. Eventually, hours later I did fall asleep, and I am starting to get better.
I tried Nyquil again the next night and got a similar result, I know at one point I asked Brian a question and he turned to me like “shhhh! It is the middle of the night you crazy!”… tonight I am still sick, but I am laying off the Nyquil, just can’t handle the laugh out loud funny again.
okay I had to start taking medicine at night. After choking on my own phlegm I had to do something. So I mixed together my Nyquil/Sudafed cocktail and headed off to bed. Usually this works great. I sleep a good 8 hours and feel better in the morning. I don’t move, don’t think about breathing, don’t get up, don’t do anything except sleep. This time… not so much. I took the medicine and went to sleep but I woke up about 2 hours later feeling refreshed… which would have been great if it wasn’t 12:55am when I woke up. I decided since I felt great I was just going to get up. Here is the tricky part, mentally I was sure I was good (which was really just the meds talking) but physically not so much. In my attempt to get up and go I really just slumped on the ground. Eventually (5 seconds later) I got it together and walked but then I was in that dizzy I just took too much medicine phase and the room was spinning and the reality was it was 12:55am and I was in no condition to get up. So I went to watch a movie, and this is where I realized that maybe the medicine had messed with my head a bit. I turned on the West Wing (best show ever) and I found it funny. Not witty, laugh out loud hilarious… if you haven’t seen the West Wing let me just tell you it is witty and humorous at times but I wouldn’t say it is laugh out loud funny. But here I was at 1 in the morning laughing, not chuckling, really laughing at the West Wing, and not sleeping. Eventually, hours later I did fall asleep, and I am starting to get better.
I tried Nyquil again the next night and got a similar result, I know at one point I asked Brian a question and he turned to me like “shhhh! It is the middle of the night you crazy!”… tonight I am still sick, but I am laying off the Nyquil, just can’t handle the laugh out loud funny again.
*ps which episode of the west wing is the title taken from? I will give you a hint it is in season 4 (i think).
20 Hours in America! I'll admit I googled, but I knew it The West Wing before you mentioned it and I even knew it was after the bombing.
ReplyDelete