Thomas the Train and Diggers
Ok, we were recently introduced to Thomas the train and I am just going to say it, I think Thomas the Train is like drugs to kids. I dont know what it is about that stupid show that they like, but they love it. Michael doesnt even blink (for the first 5 minutes). Something about the model trains is intoxicating to him, I cant figure it out, but there is something that kids love about that show. So now... we have to watch it. Okay we dont have to, but we have watched some... and he asks for "train show". I dont think he cares about the train names, or the story but he does love to see the trains. Who invented this show and why wasnt it me?
So the road outside our house is under construction, and at first I saw this as a negative, but now I think it is a huge blessing. Why? Michael LOVES (even more than trains, owls, and CJ) construction equipment. He loves to watch the "diggers" and we get to see a ton of them each day. If you look over our back fence you can see more than one digger most of the time, and if you walk through the field you can really see them. One day Brian took him to see the diggers, and I dont know how to thank him (or not) for this, Michael reminds me daily (hourly even) that Daddy took him to see the diggers and begs to be lifted up or taken to the diggers. I dont know what switch went off in his head but all of a sudden diggers became fascinating to him.
Diggers and trains.... so if you know of any great digger or train books... please please send me the titles, I think we have exhausted our digger and train books and all the train books at the library.
So the road outside our house is under construction, and at first I saw this as a negative, but now I think it is a huge blessing. Why? Michael LOVES (even more than trains, owls, and CJ) construction equipment. He loves to watch the "diggers" and we get to see a ton of them each day. If you look over our back fence you can see more than one digger most of the time, and if you walk through the field you can really see them. One day Brian took him to see the diggers, and I dont know how to thank him (or not) for this, Michael reminds me daily (hourly even) that Daddy took him to see the diggers and begs to be lifted up or taken to the diggers. I dont know what switch went off in his head but all of a sudden diggers became fascinating to him.
Diggers and trains.... so if you know of any great digger or train books... please please send me the titles, I think we have exhausted our digger and train books and all the train books at the library.
Comments
Post a Comment