MIchael learns his colors and I buy a bright blue shirt

These past few weeks we have been working with Michael on learning his colors. He has been doing great. I would say he can correctly identify the color of an object 90% of the time. Given how little time we have spent on it, and that he is 20 months old I think that is pretty good, maybe it is just average, but I am going to say he is one smart cookie. Anyway since we have started working on colors he has started to take a real interest in the color of objects, clothing, food, cars, etc. When I get him dressed in the morning I hold up two shirts and he identifies the color of the one he wants to wear. Usually he will pick the orange option, I think orange is his favorite color. Last weekend we went to Old Navy to get him some new shirts and he only wanted the orange ones, now he has a few orange shirts and several pairs of orange socks, guess what he wants to wear every day.

If you know me you know I dont wear colors, unless you think black, grey, white, and navy blue are colors in which case I am wonderfully colorful. So I dont wear colors but I am trying to branch out, maybe 27 is the year I love pink, not 27 yet, but dont see that happening. I recently purchased several new shirts with Michael's help. The first is a green shirt (not pictured), Michael fell in love with it at Old Navy, he pulled if off the wall and loudly said "Mommy green one!". I tried it on, bought it, and get this actually wore it. I went into his room to get him up the day I wore it and he was jumping up and down in his bed pointing and saying "Mommy GREEN ONE!" He was thrilled, and all day he reminded me that I had a green shirt "Mommy green one, yeah green one"

Then today I went back to Old Navy to make a return. I had purchased a royal blue shirt that seemed promising but was just a bit adventurous for me. I love royal blue but I dont think it loves me, so I never wear it, also it is a real color... So I had the purchased shirt in my bag with the receipt to return it and I was looking for something to exchange it for. I took 2 white shirts, one black, one oatmeal colored one, and one navy blue one into the dressing room and tried them on. I asked Mikey what he thought of each one and with both white shirts and the black he was devastated, there were real tears and he said "NO Mommy, no black one!" and "NO MOMMY NO WHITE ONE!" I mean he was upset about this, actually upset. Then I pulled the blue one out and tried it one, to which he responded with a happy smile "Mommy Blue one, yeah!" Needless to say the blue one came back home with us. So apparently I need to try more colors, my boring clothing and boring taste is driving my 20 month old to tears. Oh poor mikey.

I know you are shocked that I would wear this color. Love the color may have to learn to adjust to it.

Comments

  1. You handled it so well! And the shirt looked great. Mikey has good taste.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea