A Quick Trip To Utah

A few weeks ago we went to Utah for Grandma Suker's funeral. We took a few pictures and since I currently have time (since I am stuck in the hospital) I thought I would blog... finally. 

Mikey really likes the primary song "I love to see the temple" (well all primary songs really) and every time we pass by a church with a steeple, which is often in Texas, he says "Mommy look the temple". I tell him no that isnt the temple and we look at pictures of the temple, but I thought while we were in Utah we should take a few minutes and visit the temple. We had so many options to choose from, but decided the Jordan River Temple seemed like a good option. We have also been talking a lot about temples with my brother's wedding coming up this week, and thought that mikey might like to see where Grammy and Poppy got married. 

It was a beautiful day, and as usual the temple grounds were lovely. As soon as he could see the temple he started screaming "The temple the temple!" 

So I am pretty much convinced that children will always find water no matter where it is. Mikey was just walking up the temple lawn when something went off in his head and he knew there must be water. I think the fountain was his favorite part of the temple. He told us he had to wash his hair... I guess it was 100 degrees so I dont blame him for wanting to play in the water. 



Did not get a good photo of the three of us. but I guess we know that three people that may or may not be us visited the temple at some point.
Look at the beautiful mountains. Can you believe they exist? After living in Texas this long I almost cant.

No trip to Utah would have been complete with a visit to Kneaders for their breakfast croissants. If you havent tried them you really need to head that way... immediately. Go for the ham, egg, and cheese crossiant. Does it sound like and excessive amount of food? Yes of course! But it is so delicious and you wont want to eat again until dinnertime so it is totally fine.
So we took Mikey to all the funeral events... well that was the point in going to utah, right, including the (closed casket) viewing the night before. Several hours before we were set to go he found some Thomas and Friends bath toys in the playroom at his cousins' house, Nannie generously gave them to him and he spent the entire viewing playing trains in the middle of the floor.
see playing trains. The only thing better than playing trains in the middle of the floor was the next day when he ran along the lines on the gym floor during the luncheon saying that they were train tracks, and recruiting his cousins to do the same thing. Luckily it was loud...
Again the mountains are so beautiful!
I am hoping other people got better photos of the family than i did with my phone... when i forgot to zoom in.

All of the grandchildren and all of the great grandchildren came into town for the funeral. They had a real photographer take photos so I will have to get those soon but just a few for now... again with my zooming problem.  please notice mikey in all these photos, and poor alayna who is trying to control him.
he is doing ok.... but then he realized werent with him and then...
he tried to make a break for it, poor Al!
then he just cried but she managed to hold him, I guess that is what 3 brothers does to you. I love jake in this picture (i think it is jake) look at those hands on hips... what a funny guy.
And then things just went down hill. 
quickly... very very quickly.
for the next round brian held him on his shoulders, see mikey, he is happy now. I hope the photographers pictures show this.
happy... and tall.
They all wore red ties. I dont think it was planned. Brian's grandpa was so sweet with all the kids that weekend.
By the way Mikey looks like a suker with the exception of his coloring... that part just doesnt fit quite right.
All the Suker boys. With the two new boys on the way, plus these 4 little guys, I'd say the Suker name is going to go on for a bit.

I love these pictures of Caleb, so funny.
look at these blonde cousins and then Mikey...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds