Washington DC Trip Day 1
We have traveled a good bit these past few weeks, and one of the places we went was to my brother's wedding in Maryland.
Before we went I made favors for the wedding. Cant say they were the cutest or world's best but given that I am 6 or so months pregnant and spent the weekend before when I planned to finish them in the hospital we are going with yay they were done. We had to find a way to transport them to Maryland, Brian checked a box with them and put the rest in his bag... delightful.
Michael and I flew out the day before by ourselfs. We spent some time playing in the playground in terminal C before take off.Michael was excited to go on Jeremy the Jet Plane. This kid has flown way way too much. Hopefully he doesnt get on an airplane for a bit. I know people are always nervous when they see a kid get on the plane, but I want to tell them, dont worry he flys more than you do! Anyway he was excited.
We went out to breakfast at a place called the "Silver Diner" with my dad the first morning. A few months in NYC and a summer in Connecticut have led me to love diners. This one was good, but it was a "healthy" diner. To be honest knowing that my eggs and berries were from an Amish farm didnt make me feel better, but in the event that is important to you this place is good. If you dont care it is still good.
After breakfast we went to Homestead Farms in Poolsville, MD. I highly recommend this place. It is a pick your own apple farm and it is beautiful. So picturesque in the rolling hills, plus they have goats, chickens, a pond, tons of apples, and diggers you can stand on. I am pretty sure Mikey liked this more than any part of our trip. He keeps talking about going to the farm with Poppy to pick apples.
His favorite part of the farm (by far) was the goats. He loved feeding them apples and grass. When we got home he informed me that we needed a goat, not going to happen, but maybe someday. We went to a raspberry patch in Utah and he was so sad they didnt have goats.
I think Poppy liked the goats too. Maybe Poppy will get a goat.
He liked playing in the tractor trailer, not as much as the goats, but still a hit.
There were several diggers. Mikey had a blast, though I think he would have liked them better a few months ago. It was fun to be able to actually touch them. Seriously this was such a fun kid friendly farm.
The farm had rows and rows of apple trees in different varieties. Just a few varieties were available for picking the day we went but as you can tell by all the apples on the ground there were not a shortage of apples.
Look at all those apples. Michael loved "eating" the apples. Basically he would take a bite, chew it, and spit it out. He did this with 3 or 4 apples as we walked through the orchard, not sure why he wouldnt swallow but for whatever reason this is how he preferred his apples. Since we have been to the farm he is not satisfied with apples from the store, now he tells me, "Mom apples come from trees". True true, sadly there isnt an apple farm around us.
Poppy loved the apples too. See look at the kid, he has an apple and he is taking a bite out of Poppy's apple.Such a beautiful place. I wish we had gone a second time.
We had to sit and have a quick apple snack.
He tried every available apple. And he wanted to get some to geed the goats. Luckily there were lots on the ground that were perfect for the goats, unluckily the goats were tired of apples, but they did want grass.
On our first day Mikey got a fat lip and a black eye within 5 or so minutes of each other. He didnt seem too bothered by either until the next day, but poor guy he was in pretty bad shape.
These apples were almost purple, they tasted good but I hadnt ever seen purple apples before, clearly Kroger has failed me.
And back to the goats.
Ok the real favorite part of the farm, the sink where you wash your hands. I had to pry him away from the sink. I think we washed our hands 5 or 6 times.
After the farm we went to go help Brandon and Kristin set up for their reception. To be honest by the time we arrived we were so tired and hungry that we werent helpful, but we got this sweet picture.
After fake helping we headed back to our hotel for the night.














Comments
Post a Comment