My little pirates
My sweet little boys have decided they to be pirates. Well no, scratch that, Mikey has decided he likes to be a pirate and his brother just goes along with it. Mikey really likes the show jake and the neverland pirates and he asked if we could make him a bucky (jake's boat). We started making one out of cardboard... but then decided that something else would be better, and we wanted to complicate things.
So here is the beginning of the boat.
Then we decided that wasn't great and made a quick trip to home depot where we bought some mdc, hinges, pvc, and put it all together. It made a delightful triangle (probably looks more like a pie than a boat).We added a sail, but thine I decided that the asymmetry was going to make me crazy
Zach loved the boat, not quite as much as he loves chewing on his $1 foam sword though.
They pretend to sail around.
They're pretty happy about it.
I couldn't handle the asymmetry so I went to hobby lobby and got a better one. We also painted the boat to give it a fake wood grain. We are looking at a way to install a wheel.
Mikey has a hook now too. he came up to me today while wearing his bandana and hook and holding his sword and said "mommy tell me I'm dangerous"
They wanted to have the boat downstairs. Yes I know our house looks like a tornado ripped through toys'r'us and deposited the debris here.
the boat can fold up and the sail is removable. Some day when they lose interest we can fold it up and put it away.
The boat after we painted it. Still looks like a pie, but a better pie boat.
I love it when they wear dress up clothesMikey thought we all needed to dress up.
and make faces
love this one.
Mikey loves his $1 hook











That is AWESOME. I may be copying...
ReplyDeleteoh my heck you are hands down the best mom on the planet! I LOVE that you did that. You are my hero! So darling. Love those boys!!!! They are seriously so lucky to have been born into your family!
ReplyDeleteoh my heck you are hands down the best mom on the planet! I LOVE that you did that. You are my hero! So darling. Love those boys!!!! They are seriously so lucky to have been born into your family!
ReplyDelete