Off to School
It hit me this morning that my little Mikey is going to be off to school in just a few weeks. Okay let's be realistic "school" is a relative term. It's at someone's house, it's once a week, and if I really wanted to I could pull him out. Don't get me wrong I am super grateful that he got into a preschool in someone's home. I love the curriculum the teacher has chosen, I love that it is in someone's home instead of a somewhat sterile (and extremely expensive) school. I love that there are 6 kids in his class, and I love that he is beyond thrilled to go, I'm excited about the whole experience. But there's a little part of me that's sad- where have his toddler and baby years gone? It seems like while I was busy cleaning up his messes, building pirate ships, and making dinner he grew up. I told him the other day I didn't want him to grow up and he said to me "Mom, you know you I have to grow up, right?". I guess he has to grow up...
Comments
Post a Comment