He Walks and Talks!
Zach turned one a few weeks ago and I was sure was going to start walking any day, but he didn't. He would stand in the middle of the room and then just sit. I thought he was sure to take off running because he is fast, but he was content to crawl. To be honest I was ok with that, he may crawl but that in no way keeps in from danger. He climbs...everything. So he was focused on reaching the highest point possible not walking. And then on Wednesday afternoon as Mikey and I were sitting on the couch watching Planes Fire and Rescue he got out of his cozy coupe car, stood, and walked to us. We were about 5 feet from him. It wasnt one or two faltering steps it was across a room. He acted like it was no big deal, he got to his destination, sat down, and crawled up the slide. He made one attempt to walk while my parents were here too. He held on to the gate by the laundry room, let go, and took a few steps to the stairs, again no reaction. Mikey and I got him to do it over and over after the first time, and he did seem to get more excited as time passed. He still isn't walking fully yet, but he is attempting, I see a runner in our very near future.
As for the talking, Zach is a little chatterbox. He chats all day, but until recently it wasnt making much sense. Now he has a few "words", he says "pup pup pup" for his puppy (security object), "sedgeee!" for CJ, "mama" and "dada", and then this evening as he and mikey were having a snack he did the baby sign for all done and say "all done". Yeah he is a crazy person.
Comments
Post a Comment