Mother Fail?
My 3 year old loves to wear his pajamas or "comfies" as we call them at our house. He refuses to change out of them in the morning and at the first indication that we aren't leaving the house for the rest of the day the jeans are gone and replaced with "comfies". We have a big fight about comfies every preschool day, and today was no exception. Threats were made, tears wear shed, but jeans were found and put on. I informed him that no one wears comfies to school and he couldn't either. And then we got to school... and it was pajama day. Yep, it was pajama day and everyone else including the teachers was dressed in you got it comfies. Michael looked at me incredulously and then almost cried. Needless to say I went home quickly and returned with two pairs of pants for him to choose from. He changed, and just about the time we were done changing I remembered his emergency pants... you know the ones they require you keep in their cubbies just in case of an accident or paint spill... yeah those were comfies. I drove home to get comfies when they were neatly sitting in the cubby the whole time. So I think we are going to say today was a mother fail, a bit of a hilarious (for many reasons) mother fail, but a fail none the less.
Ben only wears pj's. Yup. That's it. It is ONE battle I decided that it wasn't worth fighting. So unless we GO somewhere (like your preschool) I do not insist he even gets dressed. It's just easier. So your doing the right thing. Also, the driving back home thing after a fight. Is classic motherhood. Write these episodes down because at some point I'm told we will laugh at them!!! ha ha ha Your the BEST mom I know!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOf course!
ReplyDelete