A Bad Mom?

Some days, ok most days, I feel like a terrible mother. Call it the "woes" of the first world, or an overactive imagination, whatever you call it I feel terrible. When Michael was Zach's age I spent a lot of time on the floor playing with him. We played trains, puzzles, colored, sang songs, just spent the entire day together playing... now not so much. I tell myself he has a brother, he should play with him, or now there are two I am just so busy. While that may be true I probably could spend more time on the floor playing with them. We still read a ton, and sometimes we play, but I've noticed we spend a lot of time together (in the same room) but maybe not always engaged in the same activity. Is that awful? Am I letting his childhood slip by because I would rather have the preschool teacher do the complicated art projects than do them at home? Is it terrible that when we go to the park instead of playing I encourage him to play with other kids and his brother? Maybe a little terrible, and he sure thinks it's awful, but is it? I hope not because there is a little part of me (the part that carried his brother for 9 months, and then another 20... ) that says (or screams!) "I gave you a brother! He is much more fun than I am. He thinks you're great, loves everything you do, and would LOVE to jump off the couch, pretend the house is  a submarine, or pelt the walls with Legos." Is this what people with more than one kid do? It must be, there's no way you could keep up with the massive amounts of laundry, let alone the meals, if you spend every day on the floor. Ok mom guilt done for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea