Trip to Utah
After a few days at Wright's Lake and 10 days in So. Cal we headed to Utah for Grans Camp. Michael spent the week with Brian's parents and his cousins on a fun filled adventure. I don't have pictures but he had a great time! He seems to have had a great time but when asked if he's going back he is pretty adamant that he isn't... so we have a year.
Zach got to spend the week with us. He got to visit a few college friends, and a few other things I can no longer remember. He also got to spend a lot of time with his adorable cousin! Yep these buddies are first cousins but they don't look alike at all.
These buddies ate a LOT of yogurt.
They were frenemies the first day but I think by the end they reached a truce. When we got home they were even asking for each other. They were a bit disappointed that their big buddies were not available so they had to make due. And yes they did share food.
They liked to play sleepover.
Climb the stairs
Zach was thrilled to get some sleep.
They loved picking grass and filling the window wells, throwing it on the trampoline, and throwing it at each other.
Em and I had a sister's night. We planned to shop... that lasted one store before we got hungry and discovered we were next to a SWEET TOMATOES aka Souplantation. When we were kids this was one of the few restaurants our grandparents went to and when we got A's our parents would take us. We loved it back then and as it turns out... it's still delicious. When we decided to go Em warned me we would be there at least an hour and a half... 2 hours later we left. We got all the old stand bys... pasta, caesar salad, "pizza", and ice cream.
old stand by... what I've always gotten.
em tried to use bread to eat her butter, you know instead of eating it with a spoon.
We took a visit to our favorite university. Aunt Lisa, this photo is for you, my favorite place and Michael's favorite team. He is a big seahawks fan!
we took Michael to the remodeled Bean Museum. We had been there earlier in the week with Zach and my dad, but we knew Michael would love it because he LOVES animals. If you are in Utah I highly recommend this place. It's free and kid friendly. Michael keeps asking to go back. He says he favorite parts were the elephant and the "savannah" with the spinning lion. And I failed to mention this was Emmy Camp. We spent the day in Provo with the Maxis.
Zach kept running back to the see the elephant. He loves elephants.
The savannah. There was a croc, a honey badger, a spinning lion eating a gazelle, and a couple of other horrifying things. Michael really liked the realistic "scratches" and wounds on the animals. not morbid at all.
Posing with the honey badger behind them, he was thrilled.
Zach loved the Tiger.
They really enjoyed the elevator. I don't know why they were required to lie down, but they were.
Zach's favorite part.
Emmy got the boys donuts! So nice of her!
We also went to the Provo Rec. Center. If you havent been, go! It is amazing. There is a huge outdoor area with slides, a wave pool, and splash city (no better way to describe it) and an indoor area with more slides, another splash pool, a real pool, and a lazy river. So fun!
We played games with Em and Colin and I won! Twice, I won twice.
Zach was so happy to have his buddy home, he slept in his bed.
After three weeks we were thrilled to be heading home!
But before I left I had to make a deal with my awesome nephew Jake. If he can read a certain number of books I'll get him a new BYU shirt. Keep reading Buddy!
On the plane ready to head home!
We had a "quick" layover in Vegas (the most awful airport in the US) and then a long flight to Austin.
We got to Austin around 1am. As soon as we landed the humidity hit us like a ton of bricks, but we were thrilled to be back. Michael told me that he's never going on vacation again... except to great wolf lodge.
found poppy pillow and things looked up.
So all in all we loved our trip but we were thrilled to be home! Thank you to everyone to hosted us, drove us, and put up with us!
Comments
Post a Comment