Just a Short Rant (or two)
So there are a couple of things that have been bothering me a bit lately. I can't get the people around me to share my confusion or frustration so sorry blog land you get to have it.
We live in a great community (neighborhood) and one of the perks is the community pool and park. Our neighborhood also has a Facebook page. I should probably stop there, but nope I'm not going to. The Facebook page is out of control. I think of a community Facebook page as a place to communicate community events or issues (pool gate not working etc), or even to ask about local services (plumbers etc) or advertise for various things (babysitting, pet sitting, garage sales). I don't think of it as a place to continuously complain about your home and the builder or even better to call out your neighbors for various "violations". Our neighborhood page has become so petty and mean spirited, it's almost to the point that I think if I see certain neighbors (most that I've never met in person) I am going to have walk in the other direction. No really, you might seem nice and friendly but I've seen you swear at neighbors, berate people, and just be nasty... I think it's time to unsubscribe... ok that happened weeks ago. Why call people out when things don't concern you... or let's scratch that, why be mean when it doesn't benefit you in the slightest, you are just being mean for the sake of being mean. I can't even put a coherent sentence together on this issue...
Ok... this is just a question... what's the deal with maternity photo shoots? Why do people pay money for those. Maybe it's just me but I don't feel like I want to take photos when I'm 8 months pregnant and roughly the size of a house. I shouldn't be self conscious about that kind of stuff and normally I'm not but really when you are growing a person it isn't always... well beautiful. Why would I want to pay money to remember my puffy face, swollen ankles, and beachball tummy? I love the photos when the baby comes... and I adore the baby, but something about paying money to act like pregnancy is my favorite thing does not appeal to me.
We live in a great community (neighborhood) and one of the perks is the community pool and park. Our neighborhood also has a Facebook page. I should probably stop there, but nope I'm not going to. The Facebook page is out of control. I think of a community Facebook page as a place to communicate community events or issues (pool gate not working etc), or even to ask about local services (plumbers etc) or advertise for various things (babysitting, pet sitting, garage sales). I don't think of it as a place to continuously complain about your home and the builder or even better to call out your neighbors for various "violations". Our neighborhood page has become so petty and mean spirited, it's almost to the point that I think if I see certain neighbors (most that I've never met in person) I am going to have walk in the other direction. No really, you might seem nice and friendly but I've seen you swear at neighbors, berate people, and just be nasty... I think it's time to unsubscribe... ok that happened weeks ago. Why call people out when things don't concern you... or let's scratch that, why be mean when it doesn't benefit you in the slightest, you are just being mean for the sake of being mean. I can't even put a coherent sentence together on this issue...
Ok... this is just a question... what's the deal with maternity photo shoots? Why do people pay money for those. Maybe it's just me but I don't feel like I want to take photos when I'm 8 months pregnant and roughly the size of a house. I shouldn't be self conscious about that kind of stuff and normally I'm not but really when you are growing a person it isn't always... well beautiful. Why would I want to pay money to remember my puffy face, swollen ankles, and beachball tummy? I love the photos when the baby comes... and I adore the baby, but something about paying money to act like pregnancy is my favorite thing does not appeal to me.
Comments
Post a Comment