To the Person Ringing My Doorbell
The doorbell is a source of contention here, you may remember a previous post where I decides an incident where Michael was naked when the doorbell rang. Thank goodness we've moved and no longer have a glass door so that's not an issue. But seriously with the door bell. Here's the thing there isn't really a good time to ring the doorbell, and yes I'm going to make a sign.
Dear Person that Rang My Door Bell at 2:30pm,
I know that you are out knocking doors hoping against hope that someone is home and willing to buy your product (in this case pest control), but here's the thing... my 4 year old went to bed at midnight. Yep as in 12am. It wasn't because of a lack of trying, he just can't sleep, and after hours (yes hours) of screaming, whining, hitting, and irrational lashing out he had just fallen asleep. In addition his little brother who took the brunt of the previously mentioned poor behavior was also asleep. We were all peaceful in our separate corners, no one was crying, and no one needed anything. It had been that way for about 7 minutes (yep I was counting) and then... then you rang the doorbell. Thank goodness you only did it once. I held my breath, hoping that the exhaustion for a day of screaming would prevent Michael from waking... nope. You woke him up... and guess how the rest of the day went. Yep, you guessed it. Imagine waking a sleeping dragon, then add in a lack of sleep and totally irrational behavior because again he's 4 and you get the rest of my day. Let me tell you a little secret, nap time is from 12-4 here. Well let's rephrase nap time happens anytime between 12 and 4 depending on the other events of the day. If you ring the door bell during that time and either wake someone up or encourage the 4 year old to start yelling (again) I will have to punch you. While we are at it, the little one sleeps (if he's allowed) between 10 and 1130, do not ring the door bell it will wake him up and then he will scream. And between 430 and 7 is dinner, the meltdown, and bedtime, don't ring the bell then either because inevitably we will stop what we are doing (often involving raw meat, baths, or something else messy) and have to answer it. And I will have to RUN because if one of them gets there first they will either leave, open the door to a stranger, or let you in. Basically, go away, I don't want to buy anything, I'm way to cheap for an alarm system or pest control, I like my internet provider, I don't want cable, just GO AWAY!! What I want is 15 minutes in the middle of the day where no one needs anything, if you ruin that for me... well... don't.
An irritated mom of 2
Dear Person that Rang My Door Bell at 2:30pm,
I know that you are out knocking doors hoping against hope that someone is home and willing to buy your product (in this case pest control), but here's the thing... my 4 year old went to bed at midnight. Yep as in 12am. It wasn't because of a lack of trying, he just can't sleep, and after hours (yes hours) of screaming, whining, hitting, and irrational lashing out he had just fallen asleep. In addition his little brother who took the brunt of the previously mentioned poor behavior was also asleep. We were all peaceful in our separate corners, no one was crying, and no one needed anything. It had been that way for about 7 minutes (yep I was counting) and then... then you rang the doorbell. Thank goodness you only did it once. I held my breath, hoping that the exhaustion for a day of screaming would prevent Michael from waking... nope. You woke him up... and guess how the rest of the day went. Yep, you guessed it. Imagine waking a sleeping dragon, then add in a lack of sleep and totally irrational behavior because again he's 4 and you get the rest of my day. Let me tell you a little secret, nap time is from 12-4 here. Well let's rephrase nap time happens anytime between 12 and 4 depending on the other events of the day. If you ring the door bell during that time and either wake someone up or encourage the 4 year old to start yelling (again) I will have to punch you. While we are at it, the little one sleeps (if he's allowed) between 10 and 1130, do not ring the door bell it will wake him up and then he will scream. And between 430 and 7 is dinner, the meltdown, and bedtime, don't ring the bell then either because inevitably we will stop what we are doing (often involving raw meat, baths, or something else messy) and have to answer it. And I will have to RUN because if one of them gets there first they will either leave, open the door to a stranger, or let you in. Basically, go away, I don't want to buy anything, I'm way to cheap for an alarm system or pest control, I like my internet provider, I don't want cable, just GO AWAY!! What I want is 15 minutes in the middle of the day where no one needs anything, if you ruin that for me... well... don't.
An irritated mom of 2
Comments
Post a Comment