A Few House Projects

With school out for a few more weeks I've been trying to make it look like someone lives here. Side note, I love my job but wow it is nice not to get 5-7 angry student emails over night and then another 10-15 throughout the day... I feel like my blood pressure has gone down quite a bit. Ok back to the story. Since I am out of school for a few weeks I decided this was a great time to make it look like someone lived in the house, you know permanently, instead of a bunch of squatters were temporarily taking over. So we decided to start in the main living area, since this is where we spend we spend a lot time in here it seemed like a great places to start. 

So here's the space. It would be great if I had a before and after... or you know did enough to make a difference, but since I didn't I'll just let you know. I painted the doors... it's a big deal! This is the first paint that we've done in the new house and we chose ACTUAL colors. I hate when a room is painted a "color" and the only reason you know it's a color is because of the label or someone tells you... none of that. So the back door is navy blue (ok it has some other name) and the pantry is red (ok Remington red). It was fast, cheap, and now I feel like we did a color. Will I paint them white again... well maybe. Probably not the backdoor though because now the gross little kiddo fingerprints don't show up. 


 And I don't know about the red. Red is my favorite color, and as much as I would love to use the nice calming neutrals... well I love red...

Ok it's hard to see, this is the first cloudy day in months. Let's just be thrilled about that and forget that this picture is awful. Things aren't quite so washed out and strange in real life but it is pretty white in the kitchen. 

 Ok now on the the breakfast nook...or the area we never use. Since our entire family fits at the bar/island this is where we eat all our meals. It's just so nice that everything can be pushed directly into the sink. Because of that the breakfast/dining area has been sorely neglects. no really it has. I decided it was time to get something on the wall. I don't know that I love this particular arrangement or idea but I love that there is something on the wall. I recycled our plate holder thing and plates from Dallas, some old white frames (that we got for our wedding) and then printed off some quotes and let Michael select some of his favorite preschool art. It's not the best but it does take up part of the wall and it was free so it's a win all around.
Neglected breakfast nook, it's not quite as lonely now that we have something on the wall. The navy blue back door doesn't match, but I love navy blue and it hides finger prints... so we are keep it. 
 
OK the living room. This has been done for a awhile. I like how it turned out, so we are posting it again. I think we might paint a wall or add to this fun wall, but for now we like it. The updated photos should come eventually and then it will be great. 


The living room needs a few more things but it sorta looks like people live here. It looks even more like people live here when all the toys are out and everywhere...



 Ok this is my favorite of the projects. We decided to do some work on our bedroom. Ok I decided and Brian nicely nodded along with me. At first I had big plans of building a headboard and well lots of things but I scaled back to reality. I painted our nightstands red (because I love red and my night stand was... in need of paint). We got new bedding and we made these awesome silhouettes. We are still looking for curtains and something on the other wall, but again it's a start and I LOVE this new bedding.
A better view of the "art". I did a city silhouette for each of the major metropolitan areas we've lived. Ok Utah was a bit of a stretch, my creativity didn't extend to making a silhouette of provo (well it did but it did not look good), but I justify it by saying we did get married in SLC and we did go there... Anyway I printed the silhouettes and framed them in these sweet frames from ikea (on sale for $5 each). I also framed a sketch we got done a PwC christmas party, it does require a bit of narration to know it's us but I still think it fits. Good thing we've lived in 4 places!


Ok but really I'm having a "dad moment" over the stuff on the walls.

Comments

  1. Ash! I love all your upgrades!!!! It is such a fun new feelings to have things up on the walls. I love it! And the Navy Blue door. I love that idea! No more fingerprints!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those city silhouettes are such a fantastic idea, I way have to borrow it! All the decor looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea