Facebook Page Addendum

I wrote about my neighbor Facebook page the other night, and I have to add to it. I've since unsubscribed to the page... because I have to continue living in the neighborhood (which I actually really like), but something caught my eye. Now there is a petition to pay one of the neighbors ($50 per family) to take down his landscaping. Admittedly his landscaping is a bit odd, but it is well kept and doesnt really bother anyone (despite what the neighbors think). I'm pretty sure it isn't reducing property values, it's just strange. As you drive by at night you wonder to yourself "Why would anyone put glowing cement orbs in their lawn?'. But then you realize you have a life and move on... really? Can't we leave this poor family alone, they think it looks great, they paid for it, they keep it up. Let's start picking on the people that never mow or water, that looks significantly worse. Or better yet let's let the HOA do their job and move on with our lives. Ok, done. It's official I'm leaving the Facebook group, not giving into the pressure from neighbors, who cares if we never make it to a neighborhood event because we left the page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds