Fall is in the Air!
Fall is my very favorite time of year. Ok let me amend that, I love everything from September 1-New Years, but I particularly love Fall. I love the beginning of school, the slight (very slight, this is central Texas) change in seasons, the changing light, the beginning of football, the colorful leaves, the sweaters (ok that might be saved for December in Texas), the Fall foods, and the holidays.
Brian took Michael to his first football game the other night. They went to watch the Rouse Raiders play, and it made me reflect on Falls gone passed. I was super cool in high school and spent 4 years in the Temecula Golden Valley Regiment aka marching band. Despite what many may think this was awesome. The practices were... not, but going to the games and competitions was. Fall reminds me of that time. It reminds me of dusting off the Dinkles (seriously the shoes couldn't have a better name?) and heading out to play on friday nights. It reminds me of standing on the 25 yard line with my piccolo and playing "You're a Grand Old Flag". It reminds me of marching through the mud to the stands and sitting with friends as we chatted and didn't watch the game. I complained at length about giving up my Friday nights, but honestly what else was I going to do? 90% of my closest friends were stuck there with me, but I enjoyed sweating and then freezing in the stands with friends (thew rather is odd in Temecula). I even like the beginning of college football, it's the one time I follow BYU. I love that people are decked out in college gear... all the time (though it's austin so that's pretty normal here). I love how excited Brian gets about fantasy football (I'm still confused about how this is a thing).
I love the countdown to the holidays that Fall brings. I love the holidays, but I think I enjoy the countdown and preparation more. I love the ancipatoon of christmas, thanksgiving, and halloween. I love this time with my kids, each year brings more awareness of the festivities and more excitement for them.
I love the sweaters, really who doesnt look great in a sweater and doesnt love pulling down a crummy and faded college hoodie. Answer, no one.
And the food... I love cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, apples, and pumpkin. I love the soups and stews, the homemade bread, and that it is cool enough to turn the oven back on. I love that it is "dark" at dinner, it makes it more cozy.
SO as our temperatures dip into the mid 90's (I'm stoked) I am thrilled that Fall is on its' way. I'm realistic, it's still August, but not for long! Summer is on its' way out and Fall and all that it brings is just around the corner!
Brian took Michael to his first football game the other night. They went to watch the Rouse Raiders play, and it made me reflect on Falls gone passed. I was super cool in high school and spent 4 years in the Temecula Golden Valley Regiment aka marching band. Despite what many may think this was awesome. The practices were... not, but going to the games and competitions was. Fall reminds me of that time. It reminds me of dusting off the Dinkles (seriously the shoes couldn't have a better name?) and heading out to play on friday nights. It reminds me of standing on the 25 yard line with my piccolo and playing "You're a Grand Old Flag". It reminds me of marching through the mud to the stands and sitting with friends as we chatted and didn't watch the game. I complained at length about giving up my Friday nights, but honestly what else was I going to do? 90% of my closest friends were stuck there with me, but I enjoyed sweating and then freezing in the stands with friends (thew rather is odd in Temecula). I even like the beginning of college football, it's the one time I follow BYU. I love that people are decked out in college gear... all the time (though it's austin so that's pretty normal here). I love how excited Brian gets about fantasy football (I'm still confused about how this is a thing).
I love the countdown to the holidays that Fall brings. I love the holidays, but I think I enjoy the countdown and preparation more. I love the ancipatoon of christmas, thanksgiving, and halloween. I love this time with my kids, each year brings more awareness of the festivities and more excitement for them.
I love the sweaters, really who doesnt look great in a sweater and doesnt love pulling down a crummy and faded college hoodie. Answer, no one.
And the food... I love cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, apples, and pumpkin. I love the soups and stews, the homemade bread, and that it is cool enough to turn the oven back on. I love that it is "dark" at dinner, it makes it more cozy.
SO as our temperatures dip into the mid 90's (I'm stoked) I am thrilled that Fall is on its' way. I'm realistic, it's still August, but not for long! Summer is on its' way out and Fall and all that it brings is just around the corner!
Comments
Post a Comment