An Unexpected Haircut
I have heard that kids are likely to cut each other's hair when scissors are left in the open. Our sharp scissors are mostly out of arms reach of the kids and their scissors... well they barely cut paper. We've never had an issue with scissors. Michael may like to run with scissors but he's pretty careful about what he cuts. Zach has shown limited interest in scissors, sure he takes his kid scissors and pretends to cut the grass with Michael, but as far as cutting things that shouldn't be cut, that's not really been an issue... until now.
Today we were sitting on the floor playing Hungry Hippos when we had a scissor mishap. I'd gotten the scissors out to open the box and started playing with the boys before putting them back... stupid. After a few rounds of the game Zach was done but Michael wanted to keep going... so we did. Then all of a sudden I heard the scissors cut something very close to my head and Zach holds up a chunk of my hair and says "I cut your hair Mama!"... Yes, the first unexpected haircut was given to me... I was not thrilled. Actually I was speechless, for some reason I never imagined this would happen, he was so proud of himself and so devious. I went into the bathroom with the chunk of hair and was speechless, but less speechless as I tried to find the part he cut and more and more started to come out. I think it is near the back and I can't really see it, but seriously I didn't want him to be the one to layer my hair! So no more scissors within Zachary's reach...
Today we were sitting on the floor playing Hungry Hippos when we had a scissor mishap. I'd gotten the scissors out to open the box and started playing with the boys before putting them back... stupid. After a few rounds of the game Zach was done but Michael wanted to keep going... so we did. Then all of a sudden I heard the scissors cut something very close to my head and Zach holds up a chunk of my hair and says "I cut your hair Mama!"... Yes, the first unexpected haircut was given to me... I was not thrilled. Actually I was speechless, for some reason I never imagined this would happen, he was so proud of himself and so devious. I went into the bathroom with the chunk of hair and was speechless, but less speechless as I tried to find the part he cut and more and more started to come out. I think it is near the back and I can't really see it, but seriously I didn't want him to be the one to layer my hair! So no more scissors within Zachary's reach...
See how innocent he looks... this was before he got bored.
I was sad... he was... not.
Comments
Post a Comment