Scheduling a Surgery
Michael needs his tonsils taken out. He hasn't slept well... ever, so the rest of us fall into that camp as well. His tonsils are almost touching, we've tried pretty much everything else, this is the last straw, and the end of my sanity. The tonsils have to come out. We originally scheduled his surgery at an outpatient surgery center for tomorrow. But then... the water main broke so they cancelled all surgeries for the next few weeks. They called yesterday to tell me and I almost cried, seriously I am done with the the not sleeping, screaming, night time wake ups... done. The scheduler told me the next available appointment was in April... no that did not work for us. After hearing how pathetic I sounded they found us a time on Friday at another surgery center. But in both cases getting the surgery people to provide information on the procedure, time, etc has been next to impossible. I don't know why it's a big secret when we need to be there or what we need to do to prepare. The places leave cryptic messages that have to be returned. When the phone call is returned they act as if they never called, they can't find the person that left the message, and of course the person leaving the message failed to leave both their name AND extension. Not frustrating at all. Really? I'm going to be honest Im a little bit concerned that some of these people are going to be caring for my child when they can't handle this part of the procedure, I guess it's probably different people... but really... this isn't emergency surgery, it's not at a hospital... it seems highly unlikely that an urgent case is going to come in and mess with the scheduled time... so why can't they give me a 4 hour window (you need to be there between 7-11) nope, nope, nope! How well, I'm sure the frustration will go away once I sleep through the night without be woken up 2-5 times... how sweet will that be... you know until May when someone actually needs me 2-5 times a night.
Comments
Post a Comment