To my firstborn
Dear B,
I am sure that some days (or most days) Grammy felt about me how I feel about you- I think you're mission in life is to whittle away at my remaining sanity. Some days I think your goal is to teach me patience and the importance of enduring to the end. You are so sweet when you want to be, but so awful when you want to be, I wish I knew how you made the decision which way to be. You have more passion than any person I have ever met. When you throw yourself into something you are all in. We've gone through diggers, thomas, cars, planes, wild kratts, jake and the neverland pirates, octonoauts and now star wars. I've never met someone with your degree of dedication to one thing. You have boundless energy, you are like the energizer bunny, always willing to keep going, always with that reserve of energy. I wish I had your energy, but sadly I don't, which is probably why we fight. You are an anxious kid, and because your brother has no fear this is a great thing. You weigh the options before jumping in (unlike Zach who just jumps) but sometimes I worry for you that the anxiety of understanding the pros and cons keeps you from experiencing life. You are pretty sure you know what you want and very difficult to persuade to try another path, sorry kid this is genetic, you've met me and Dad... and Poppy... it was bound to happen. You are so curious, I didn't know kids could learn so much, but you have far surpassed what I thought you would be at this age. now if only we could channel that energy into learning to read... You always want to be the best at whatever you try. Sometimes you give up but sometimes you try really really hard and you are the best, I love it when you throw yourself into something so that you succeed.
You hate to sleep. Please can we change that, and if not can we find a way to manage it so I can sleep? I hope someday we can use this to your advantage, maybe use it to save the world. You know who doesn't sleep? Doctors (and accountants). You really do love Zach, I know that he can be difficult sometimes but he does love you and for the most part you love him back. You love to teach him new things, tell him what you learned at school, and involve him (usually as your sidekick) in games. Thank you for letting him play, thank you for including him, and teaching him. You're going to be an awesome big brother again. I can't wait for you to teach Grace to fight and be tough... it is going to be hilarious but awesome. We love you Buddy, and for all the frustration, we are so glad you are the oldest, you have taught us so much!
I am sure that some days (or most days) Grammy felt about me how I feel about you- I think you're mission in life is to whittle away at my remaining sanity. Some days I think your goal is to teach me patience and the importance of enduring to the end. You are so sweet when you want to be, but so awful when you want to be, I wish I knew how you made the decision which way to be. You have more passion than any person I have ever met. When you throw yourself into something you are all in. We've gone through diggers, thomas, cars, planes, wild kratts, jake and the neverland pirates, octonoauts and now star wars. I've never met someone with your degree of dedication to one thing. You have boundless energy, you are like the energizer bunny, always willing to keep going, always with that reserve of energy. I wish I had your energy, but sadly I don't, which is probably why we fight. You are an anxious kid, and because your brother has no fear this is a great thing. You weigh the options before jumping in (unlike Zach who just jumps) but sometimes I worry for you that the anxiety of understanding the pros and cons keeps you from experiencing life. You are pretty sure you know what you want and very difficult to persuade to try another path, sorry kid this is genetic, you've met me and Dad... and Poppy... it was bound to happen. You are so curious, I didn't know kids could learn so much, but you have far surpassed what I thought you would be at this age. now if only we could channel that energy into learning to read... You always want to be the best at whatever you try. Sometimes you give up but sometimes you try really really hard and you are the best, I love it when you throw yourself into something so that you succeed.
You hate to sleep. Please can we change that, and if not can we find a way to manage it so I can sleep? I hope someday we can use this to your advantage, maybe use it to save the world. You know who doesn't sleep? Doctors (and accountants). You really do love Zach, I know that he can be difficult sometimes but he does love you and for the most part you love him back. You love to teach him new things, tell him what you learned at school, and involve him (usually as your sidekick) in games. Thank you for letting him play, thank you for including him, and teaching him. You're going to be an awesome big brother again. I can't wait for you to teach Grace to fight and be tough... it is going to be hilarious but awesome. We love you Buddy, and for all the frustration, we are so glad you are the oldest, you have taught us so much!
Comments
Post a Comment