Grace

We've decided Baby #3 will be named Grace. I've gotten all three boys (Brian included) on board with the name, and now we refer to her as Grace. Since there's a chance that at some point she will ask "Why Grace?" I will write it now (you know when I can always change her name because she isn't born yet). Anyway, why Grace? I love the name Grace. I love that it is short, easy to spell, and can follow her through life. When Michael was born his pediatrician was Dr. Grace, it worked, this isn't a name that relegates her to a life of not being taken seriously.

I also love the name because of the meaning behind it. According to the internet (source of all knowledge) the name Grace means "the source of God's love and favor towards mankind". As someone who's name means "from the ash meadow" I love this. I love that such a short name packs so much power. I also love the song Amazing Grace. So uplifting, such a happy message. So her name is going to be Grace.

As far as a middle name she doesn't have one yet, she will eventually, but still nothing. There are a couple of options in the running, and we are taking suggestions, but for now it's just Grace, or Baby Grace as the boys refer to her.

*Zach is still resistant to naming to baby Grace, he likes to punch "her" and say, "Not Baby Grace, BABY KATE!"... sorry buddy her name is Grace.

Comments

  1. Foe Benson, we originally talked about naming him Jackson. After he was born and the kids came to the hospital to see him, Tessa (almost 3) patted my tummy and said, "Is Jackson still in there?" :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds