Dear Grace

Dear Grace, 
Here's the deal. Auntie Em arrives in one week and Grammy arrives in 8 days. I'm thinking it would be pretty fabulous if you chose 9 days from now as the moment to make your debut. Your brothers will have someone to watch out for them and I won't spend the whole delivery worrying that they are sad, hungry, etc. I may get my act together and finish getting ready and or pack a hospital bag, and then... well then I won't be pregnant anymore. Not that being pregnant isn't great, but in 25-30 years you will know exactly what I mean. It's really been long enough. Combine that with the constant "hold you me!" from Zach, it's time to be done. Do you know what it is like to hold a 30 pound (wiggling) toddler while carrying something roughly the size of a large watermelon in your midsection? Yeah you don't but someday you will. And trust me if you do me this tiny favor of being born on the 15th I will come and help you when it is your turn. I will scrub your floors, watch your kids, make your meals, commiserate with you... but for now, please please please consider coming out pretty much the moment Emmy or Grammy arrive. 

Let's also take this time to have a short chat. Zach is going to lose it when you get here. Michael is going to be fine (I think), but Zach, wow. He is going to be a mess. I mean I hope I am wrong, but based on Zach's reaction to all other babies and especially babies I hold, well you are in for a good bit of screaming. Add to it that he recently started throwing tantrums- which you don't seem to love even in utero) I think we are in for a rough time. So here's the thing, would it be possible for you to love Daddy too. I mean I want to cuddle you, hold you, etc, but will you be slightly more flexible than your brothers? I think if you play your cards right Dad will pretty much think you're awesome. You're the only girl, your competition is limited! Could you also really like Auntie Em, Grammy, and Poppy? I mean Grammy and Poppy are pretty awesome, and Auntie Em really likes burrito babies, plus you're going to be named after her. See here's the thing, I think there is the very real possibility that you may be more flexible than Zach, or at least quieter in expressing your displeasure... so let's be buddies and let other people hold you...

One last thing, how do you feel about sleep, I know right now you feel pretty terrible about it. And I've met your brothers so I'm pretty sure I know the answer. But would you possibily be willing to reconsider your position on sleep when you are out in the world. It's a great thing, trust me, after Zach takes a 3 hour nap he is much more pleasant (unless someone wakes him up). Consider it, naps are great, and strictly enforced here, might as well join the cool kids and do it... 

Ok I was just kidding, this is really the last thing. Would it be possible for you to like baby carriers? The boys did not like them, and it was ok, but as you are the third one, I really need you to like it. No really, I cannot physically buy groceries with all three of you if one of you isn't actually in the cart. Since the other two have to be in the cart for various reasons that leaves you... can you please like the baby carrier. It will pay off, I promise. Someday I will buy you a donut (or dozen) for your cooperation. And really think how much better the pool, park, baseball practice, life in general will be if you just let me wear you around instead of lugging the heavy baby carrier while trying to control Zach the maniac (thank goodness for Michael). So think about it... please?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea