"Well you look great!"

So as you've read I'm fast (or not) approaching the end of this pregnancy journey. I am now at the point where people ask me daily when I am due. I don't blame them, and seriously it's so obvious at this point it's pretty safe to ask. Throw in as soon as they as the question one of the boys pipes in with "My sister is named Grace". But the thing that usually follows the "when are you due?" question and my response of "the 23rd, but sooner would be better" is "Well you look great!". Ok honestly, what does this even mean? You look great because you are still standing up and living your life and pretending real pants are a thing, or you look great because you took a shower- yay! Sadly I haven't taken a recent picture, maybe I'll rectify that tomorrow. but let's just say I look like I swallowed a beach ball. Think a snake that recently ate a giant rat/pig/whatever snakes eat and now has it lodged in it's body. I am 9000 months pregnant, if you look closely (or not even that closely) you can make out knees, hands, and feet moving, it's actually creepy at this point. While I appreciate the kind comments and that no one has actually said "hey you look like a beached whale you waddle like a penguin!" that might be closer to the truth. This is what 38 weeks pregnant looks like- uncomfortable, grumpy, and moving slowly. I am not gathering much comfort from the "well you look great!" comments, what would be awesome is if someone said "great job leaving your house!" or "I can't believe you found pants that fit!" I mean really. But on another note, Grace has visibly dropped, no really, it looks like she is going to fall out any second... she isn't going to but maybe Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea