Whine Screaming

Whine screaming is my absolute favorite sound. If you don't have kids, or have perfect kids you may be unfamiliar with how great this sound is the sound of someone that needs to be immediately removed from the situation. It is the sound of oh my good gracious this day must end now. It's that sound that bedtime is drawing near, though this video was actually taken around 4pm and BOTH children had taken naps.

Here's the video. I highly recommend turning your volume down before viewing it... no really.
Buddies Screaming for No Reason 

Whine screaming is something that Michael does now, but not something he knew how to do around Zach's age. Sure he could whine and scream, but he hadn't put the two of them together. But this is a skill that Zachary has recently perfected. Michael keeps telling him that he's "in the terrible twos!" which just increases the frequency and volume of the whine screaming. As you will notice in the video whine screaming is immediately solved by getting your way or getting your sibling in trouble. It's awesome. And it starts when they wake up and ends when they go to sleep. It's constant, like every 3-5 minutes one of them does it. I thought taking away privileges would help, or getting more sleep, or more food, or really anything. Nope, I think this is the universal sound of children this age with their siblings. It's a great sound.

So add whine screaming to constant fighting. Is this something all children do, or is this just something mine do? It is a game to irritate your brother. I'm guessing most kids do it, I think throughout my childhood the phrase my dad said the most often was "don't antagonize your brother/sister". Kids seem to derive great pleasure from driving their siblings crazy. Zach loves to take Michael's stuff and throw it in the toilet... awesome. And Michael loves to steal everything from zach (like the hood in this video). I can't wait until Grace torments both of them... hopefully she's extra sneaky.

Now Michael is at school and Zach is "napping". He was screaming in his room while I had a conference call but now he's happy... so he's staying in there. Hopefully we grow out of these awesome sounds soon, somehow I doubt it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds