Not My Favorite... please please please come out!

At the risk of sounding ungrateful and whinny (I apologize) I have to say that pregnancy is not my favorite state of being. I have friends that say they love being pregnant, and that it is a magical time. And while I appreciate the wonderful opportunity... I'm ready to be done. Here's the thing, I don't actually enjoy not being able to sleep, or constant heartburn, or that bending over requires a lot of thought both before an after.

The first pregnancy was a bit more magical. Yes there were irritations and I did miss my toes and by the end I was pretty done (it was July in Texas), the second was ok, not my very favorite, and the third... the third one has been much too long. 40 weeks... really? That's really really really long. I think this third one has been particularly long for a few reasons. 1. It's the third one, so the other two are... here and need help and life continues. Lugging a 30 pound toddler around while trying to keep track of his ever busy 4 year old brother is a bit more tiring than just working full time. There's something that mentally and physically taxing about it that is different than working with grown ups. I can't imagine how kindergarten teachers manage to teach a class full of little ones all day and be pregnant (you're my hero). 2. When we decided to have a third we were a little bit on the fence about whether or not this would be the last one. And I think this has been our answer, this is the last one. I've found that at different points in my life when one thing is ending and it's hard to leave just at the end or when the decision has been finalized something happens to make me know that the right choice was made and it's time to move on,  I've definitely had that experience. I think this has been great. There won't be any "mourning" the decision to stop at 3, it seems like a great number.

So I'm ready to be done. Our "helpers" arrive on Friday and Saturday, I think Grace should arrive on Sunday, maybe Saturday night. Wouldn't that be lovely. The hilarious thing about this is that the first time around I was pretty terrified of the actual birthing process. I read all the books, took classes and actually prepared. The second time I thought about preparing, but didn't really. And this time I see labor as a wonderful end to pregnancy. I'm blocking out the pain and the recovery, but honestly those a drop in the bucket compared with 40 weeks of pregnancy. Brian and I had a conversation about the labor and delivery part, the conversation went like this- I think you should go to HEB and get us some ice cream after Grace gets here. Make sure to get a good flavor. Followed by- What show do you think we should watch while we wait for Grace? This is going to be long and boring day we should pick something great. Hey maybe there will be limited dilating between now and the the scheduled induction and we can just go in the night before! That way we can sleep a little bit and I won't have to miss any meals and she will be here earlier in the day. These conversations were met with chuckles from Brian, browsing netflix for the show, and the reminder that staying at the hospital overnight wasnt actually comfortable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds