Three Kids is a LOT of kids
Ok I know I have friends and family who have more than three kids and somehow have managed to survive- not only to survive but to decide to have more than three kids. Let's just say I am not one of those brave or patient souls. We are exactly (almost to the hour) one week into life with three kids and all I can say is that three kids is a LOT of kids. The sad thing is that we have had a LOT of help this past week. I can't imagine how busy I will be when the help leaves... let's not think about that just quite yet. So here's what life is like with three kids under 5- it's like a very loud and very disorganized circus that no one likes. Someone is always either crying, screaming, or needing something. No one is ever happy or going in the right direction. Someone always needs you, I mean always. Ok not always, it's 8:07 and all three kids are sleeping, granted the little one is with me and the boys are in their room, but hey it's a win! I'm sure with time we will get the hang of things. I remember when two seemed like an impossibly big number, and though it continues to seem like quite a few children we have managed to find a routine and get out of the house on more than one occasion. But here's the thing... I think the younger two are easier than the oldest one. I love him dearly and feel his pain in being the oldest, but man alive that kid needs more help and attention than the two in diapers. No really, last night he woke up more frequently than his one week old sister. Thank goodness for Poppy who has taken him under his wing and helped out so much! So for now I think I am going to take a very deep breath and try and enjoy the moment. I keep thinking in five years I am going to miss their sweet dirty faces, imaginations, and the fact that they actually like me, but for now... well we are taking it on an hourly basis around here
Comments
Post a Comment