In Honor of Mother's Day

 So in honor of Mother's day this coming week I have to write something about my mom because she's pretty awesome. I tried to find a recent picture of her with the boys, but apparently taking photos of her with the boys isn't something I do... sorry mom! I also have to say that she's coming in 10 days! No really I think I am counting down the hours until she gets here, but once her plane lands if I have to go to the hospital everything will be taken care of. Sorry Mom, maybe you didn't really want to come take care of my life for a week... but I know that you will handle it better than I would!

So what can I say on this Mother's Day. Well first off, thank you. It's amazing how much smarter your parents get when you have your own kids. Suddenly a strictly enforced nap time makes perfect sense, I understand why we had tacos so often for dinner, and why you made us go to bed early. I often find myself in conversations with friends and one or more of us will have a question and the answer will be "well I guess I better ask my mom". It turns out a lot of moms with daughters in their early 30's recently became geniuses!
 I guess this second thing is a thank you too, but I have to say thank you for providing an example of faith. I thinks sometimes we overlook the people that move forward with quiet strength and faith in favor of those with overpowering experiences. My mom is pretty quiet, but her testimony was never something I doubted. She is a great example of moving forward day by day even when things aren't the easiest. When I am tired at night and think that maybe just maybe I will skip reading my scriptures I am reminded of her example and I get my act together and read at least one verse.
Grammy attempted to read scriptures with the crazy people. It went about as well as it did two decades ago. 

So one great thing about my mom (I love how this post reflects the ramblings of a pregnant woman, there are no coherent thoughts!), is the hilarious things she says. Brian and I often laugh that she is just so sweet and innocent that she may not realize how funny things come off. Emily is compiling a book, I can't wait to read it. There are great phrases like "Well it won't be Oliver!" and "Oh he looks new!" just gems.
So Mom/Marmby/Grammy pretend this post was somewhat coherent (I know it's a stretch at this point!). Happy Mother's Day, we'll celebrate when you get here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds