7pm Bedtime

Over the last year I've gotten a few comments about my kids going to bed early. Let's just put it out there, the Suker kids are in bed no later than 730pm unless for some reason we are not home, we are feeling very generous, or someone is really sick. Those are pretty much the reasons. Baseball practice keeps us up, sometimes family movie night, and you know there's the occasionally vomiting incident, but beyond that no. There is no reason for children to be up. We may have to change this with summer approaching and kids playing outside longer, but I don't know that I can push it passed 8pm. I know there are super nice moms out there that let their kids hang out, play, watching tv, whatever until 8 or 9pm. We are not those nice parents. I am done at 7pm, like no more parenting until the morning. My sanity (whatever is left of it) cannot handle anymore children after that time. I know it's selfish, but I need that time shutout them to clean up the giant mess and prepare for the next day. And THEY need that time to sleep. They play hard, they need rest! Everyone is MUCH happier when kids are in bed earlier. Ok this might not be true for every family, but for ours it holds true no matter how many children we add to the mix (for the record there are just going to the be the three).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea