Happy Birthday Gracie!
To the Best Daughter I Know (wouldn't it be great if I didn't refer to you like this 24/7?),
I can't believe you are one! Scratch that, how are you one already!? Sweet Grace it seems like yesterday that I was counting down the days until I got to meet you, and now a year has gone by. You have been such a joy, I know it sounds cliche, but you really have been so wonderful. Every time I see you it makes me happy, this may change as you learn to say things like "I hate you Mommy!" but right now you are so sweet! Dad laughs at me, he says I am going to follow you to college and won't be able to let you go to kindergarten, maybe he is right. Right now you are content to sit in my lap and cuddle, you love to be held and adored, you are sweet and mellow, you go with the flow, and have a happy smile for every one.
You have come so far this year sweet girl. You have gone from a sweet little blob to someone with her own opinions and preferences.
You love all kinds of music. You seek out toys that make sound and dance as soon as the music starts. You have favorite songs and will press the button until the perfect song comes on. You can feel the beat, which is awesome because I can't. I see dance class in your not to distant future.
You are pretty mellow with the boys. I think you would prefer that they play more gently and include you more often but for the most part you do well with them. You really like Mikey and you and Zachary are learning to get along- I think things would go better if he would stop squishing you with pillows.
You are a great sleeper. Instead of a pillow or pup pup like your brothers, you have latched on to a blanket. Zach loves to bring you your blanket, and you light up any time you see it. You didnt like your bed at first, and I kept you in the bassinet forever, but now you love your room, your bed, and your own space.
You think Dad is awesome (he is). You get so excited when he comes home from work. You scream at him until he looks at you, and you love to dance with him.
You're a great eater, some of your favorites are: strawberries, zucchini, mac and cheese, scrambled eggs, bananas, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (very favorite).
You insist on taking a nap during church... in your carseat. We have been sitting in the car during second hour for the past few months. You sleep until exactly 10:58 and then you're good to go to primary with Dad.
You can entertain yourself with toys. You prefer things that make noise, but you're pretty content to empty the toy box and then refill it again.
You've finally started crawling! Just this week you've gotten up on your knees and started crawling, until now you've been doing a sweet army crawl. You've also started to pull up, this is great! While I want to keep you little forever you are so excited with your new found freedom.
You love all drinks, especially drinks with straws. You get really angry when people don't share their drinks with you.
Your hair is great. You look like baby Moana. You definitely have curly hair, humidity might not be your friend in the future, but for now those pigtails are so cute! You still let me do your hair. You've started to pull out the bows and pull off the headbands, but always try to put them back on once you examine them.
You aren't a huge fan of baths, we will have to wait and see how you feel about the pool.
You love love love books. I've started putting them in your bed and it is great to go in and see you reading to yourself. Between books and music you are set.
You have such a sweet personality, you are cuddly and independent at the same time. You are the sweetest baby I've met, it really has been a joy to have you in our family.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!
How did we go from this?
To this?
Comments
Post a Comment