WE BOUGHT A NEW MINIVAN!
We bought a new minivan. The post should probably end here. So here's what happened, we've been discussing buying a new minivan for the past... 4 years? We decided that when our minivan reached a certain mileage and we had saved up a certain amount of money we would buy a new minivan. We reached that point a few months ago and started looking. We went to two dealerships- Honda and Toyota, didn't put a whole lot of thought into it and moved on. Then Brian started getting emails, and decided to play the dealerships off each other. Long story short, he got a good price and we trekked up to Dallas to get a new minivan. We let at 4pm, drove 3 hours, bought the car, and drove home. We got home around 1am... you can imagine how happy the kids were. I thought they would sleep on the way home, nope, turns out they don't sleep when a movie is on. So instead of sleeping they watched both frozen and Moana and Grace slept.
This isn't a great picture, so it requires some explanation. When the headrests are removed this car has "tailgate" mode. No really it is one of the features. I think we might have to use it for the fireworks. And notice that little pocket on the left... it's a vacuum.Turns out this is a really popular color and car, there were at least 4 in the school parking lot the day after we bought it, one other with the temporary plates on. We had to distinguish ourselves... yep we are the coolest.
Seriously it's like driving a spaceship. It has a push button start which is just freaky, and a bunch of other features that I probably won't learn to use over the 10 years we have this car.
It's hard to see but when we drove off the lot the car had 15 miles. If you want to buy a new car you should talk to Brian. He's a good (mean) negotiator.
Look how freaked out I am that we bought a new car and that we now have a THREE hour drive back home with three tired and cranky kids! Guess how many kids wanted to ride with Brian in the peaceful old van?
The new van can seat three across! I did take out the middle seat when we got home, but it is possible!
Wonderful old blue van! Brian thinks I am being crazy but I do hope it goes to a nice family that likes it (I know it isn't a pet). Seriously that van has a lot of life left! If anyone needs a great blue minivan I know of one...
Riding up to buy a new car. They were super pleased... no
Comments
Post a Comment