Farewell Blue Minivan
We sold our awesome blue minivan last night. And while Emily and Brian both think I am being a crazy person, I am sad to see it go. Brian and I joked that I would have a much easier time giving away our cat than the minivan (and I've had the cat longer!). Here's the thing, the blue minivan was great. It almost always turned on (except the very few times that Michael left the lights on all night long), it was safe, and we spent a lot of time in that car. It brought Zach home from the hospital, moved with us to Austin, and pretty much moved us into our new house. The blue minivan has been a symbol of our growing family, of time spent at tee-ball, gymnastics, and been an amazing hauler of ikea furniture and Home Depot purchases. I credit this sweet blue minivan with the development of a great friendship, without extra seats I never would have been able to force a friendship in Dallas. This van took Michael to Taco Delite, music class, and story time. It has been Zach's hideout and spaceship, and Grace has taken quite a few naps here during Sunday School (seriously, why wont she sleep in the church?). My parents bought this van to drive to my wedding, we bought it from them to haul all our kids (back when there was just one), it drove to my sister's wedding and back, it's just great, I wish I had a more poetic way of saying it.
When we bought our new car (almost exactly one week before we sold this one down to the minute, isn't that crazy?), I told Brian we needed to sell it to a nice family. He smiled and looked at me like I was crazy, but I really did want it to go to a nice family. It is a good car, it has a LOT of life left in it (I hope). We did end up selling it to a family that I think needed it, I hope the sweet blue minivan will be as reliable for them as it was for us. And yes, now I am done obsessing over the blue minivan. Bye blue minivan!
Comments
Post a Comment