Dear Grace
Dear Grace,
How's it going. Let's have a chat. Your brothers are feisty, no really, they are as I am sure you can hear. I know that in order to keep up with them and then later boss them around you will also need to be well feisty, but is there is the slight possibility you could hold off for just a little bit? get that Zach's new favorite game is to push on you to see what you will do, and that in turn you have to retaliate... but maybe just maybe we could hold off for a few more weeks?
So here's the deal, you are scheduled to come in 5 weeks from tomorrow. I know that seems soon, and as overwhelming as three children sounds (and believe me it does) is there the possibility we could move that timeline up just a bit- how about 4 weeks from tomorrow? Let's make a deal, Grammy's plane lands late on the 14th, she needs 24 hours to settle in, whip those boys into shape, and I need a few hours to make sure everyone is situated and my bag is packed. How about you strongly consider the 16th instead of the 23rd? I know it is earlier, but well I miss my toes, sleeping (more on this in a minute) and being able to breathe. Plus do you have any idea how many things your brothers leave on the floor? I cannot keep picking things up at this point, so how about it? I'm sure in 30 years you will feel my pain, but for now how about you consider it... 4 weeks instead of 5?
And while we are talking, let's have a little chat about sleep. You have to sleep. Zach was a great sleeper, when he wants to be he still is- 3 hour naps, amazing. You need to follow his example. You are welcome to camp out in my room for months, heck if you sleep through the night move in for an entire year, but I need you to sleep. See I can't really remember a time when Michael wasn't waking us up at night. While I want to believe that will change, who am I kidding? Think about it?
Last thing, Zach is a mama's boy. He is tough but he definitely has a strong preference. How would you feel about liking both parents equally and letting Dad do things like give you a bath and put you to bed? I think it is going to be rough going for a bit with your brother. Michael as easy, he loved Dad best, so I could take care of Zach. But because of that Zach is a mama's boy. There is the (very big) possibility he is going to dislike you at first, luckily you have two parents and Grammy is coming, can you be calm until we figure it out and get him to chill? So far he likes to say things like "I not like baby Grace" and "Mama you hold you me, not Grace" you can see the problem...
Well Grace, enjoy your last few weeks of peace and quiet...
Comments
Post a Comment