Empathy Belly
I've heard of these things called "empathy bellies" (think 10 things I hate about you) and I sorta wish I could make the people around me wear them. I know they wouldn't help them understand all the real "perks" of pregnancy- you know the insane heartburn, inability to sleep, overwhelming fatigue and nausea, forgetfulness, the very odd (and at this point uncomfortable) sensation of someone doing gymnastics in your abdomen, or the dare I say awesome Braxton Hicks contractions. But I think it would do WONDERS for helping people understand why you do not want to walk up the stairs (again) or pick something up off the floor, or the sheer panic that sets in at the thought of carrying a 35 pound two year old (squirming, don't forget that part) around for more than 5 minutes. I really think a week with an empathy belly would make it so the people around me would stop wondering why I am always out of breath (there's a freaking watermelon lodged in my mid section... that moves constantly), why no I don't think going on a walk would be fun, and why finding random things on the floor makes my blood boil. Oh well, until that point I am comforted by the fact that there are 5 weeks left- 5 weeks baby, 5 weeks! and then pregnancy is over... I know I know, I am not a pleasant pregnant person, trust me it's worse for me than for you.
33 weeks and 5 days. let's round to 34. This is the day that I went to the store (ok two) and two different cashiers asked if I was due soon... and then showed enormous pity when the response was, nope not until the end of May. Yep... we have reached the pity stage. Time to give up on real pants and stop leaving the house. I hear Walmart will deliver groceries to the car now...
30 weeks. Farewell toes, it was nice knowing you!
28 weeks. The gymnastics coach thought I would go into labor any second... as delightful as that would have been, sadly there were 11 more weeks to go (I'm counting down to the induction date, I've long since ditched the actual due date).
33 weeks and 5 days. let's round to 34. This is the day that I went to the store (ok two) and two different cashiers asked if I was due soon... and then showed enormous pity when the response was, nope not until the end of May. Yep... we have reached the pity stage. Time to give up on real pants and stop leaving the house. I hear Walmart will deliver groceries to the car now...
30 weeks. Farewell toes, it was nice knowing you!
28 weeks. The gymnastics coach thought I would go into labor any second... as delightful as that would have been, sadly there were 11 more weeks to go (I'm counting down to the induction date, I've long since ditched the actual due date).
Comments
Post a Comment