No Really It's a... GIRL!

Today was our 32 week ultrasound. I have to say I have been counting the days (okay not literally, just the weeks) until this ultrasound since the last one at 19 or 20 weeks. It's been a long 12 weeks. I really really wanted to confirm that Grace was in fact going to be Grace and not let's say Grayson. I don't know why it mattered. I love my boys, and I love being a boy mom- sweatpants are totally acceptable, if you are dirty no one cares, a clean house isn't an expectation because let's be honest they actually dump buckets of sand in the house. But when we found out that Grace was going to bring a much needed dose of estrogen to our family I was pretty excited. Not to mention that I felt much better about how terrible this pregnancy has been, I blame it entirely on her being a girl. Anyway but I was worried we would see her again and they'd say just kidding it's a boy! Which would be awesome, because any healthy baby is awesome, but it might have been just the slightest bit disappointing for a few minutes because we had thought she was a girl. Anyway they checked again today (and then again) and yes in fact something was missing and as far as they can tell Grace is actually Grace. I've been in denial that a girl was coming to our family. I bought her some clothes but refused to take the tags off of them, I took the tags off and washed them when we got home from the ultrasound. And this week (before the confirmation that she was still a girl) I started painting her room... pink. I hadn't meant for it to be so pink but anyway it's definitely a girl room.

So we are beyond excited that she's a girl- ok maybe it's just me. I can't wait to see how Brian and the buddies respond to a girl. For some reason I have a feeling that Grace will be the boss of the three of them at least some of the time.

Emily reminded me today about a set of booties a sweet friend bought me 5 years ago. She bought two sets of booties, one blue and one pink. I've been saving the pink this whole time, the blue were well used, one is lost. I finally get to use them!
 This picture is way too small to see but let me just tell you this shows that she's a girl...
 Profile view. I wonder who this one is going to look like.
 Pink room. It's not done, but it is definitely pink- less so during the day.
 All the homemade crafts that have been done for Grace's room. Hopefully she doesn't mind that all her stuff is homemade... but since she's going to be a baby and won't know the different she will be just peachy fine.

Comments

  1. Homemade is better, anyway! That room will be so cute. Yes, she'll be the boss sometimes, and ps--sweatpants will still be 100% acceptable. She may even dump some sand, too...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea