Nursery almost done!

Grace's room is almost done! Almost ready for Aunt Em and Uncle Colin to come stay for a bit, because they couldn't live without pink walls. 

Ok but really the room is almost done. I will say that poor Grace has a "home jobby" room. The boys (ok Michael, Zach had the same stuff but it was not quite as well organized) had coordinating things for their room, I bought it all their stuff and it actually matched. Grace didn't get that privilege. Anyway so here is the beginning of the end. 

The pink walls turned out MUCH better than I initially thought they would. We decided to paint one all grey... much much better than all pink. It turns out that just a little bit of pink is actually a LOT of pink. My favorite part of this room is the dots on the wall. Brian laughed and told me the boys had a theme of transportation and Grace has the theme of circles, it's true, our theme seems to have downgraded, but still I think the wall is great. 
 We've always put the kid's names on their walls (something about early letter recognition). The boys letters both started out navy blue but got a huge upgrade this summer. The letters are a little bit of their personality, and they have been painstakingly painted- no really of the things from their childhoods that will be saved and passed on these letters will be among the very items. I originally painted Grace's letters gold, but had to change them because the dots and the letters were not the same (ok "had to" is the wrong word, but it looked terrible). So I went with plain pink, but that seemed like a rip off since her brothers had stripes and the solar system on theirs. So I painted small dots, Brian pointed out that they looked like cupcakes, still cute, still easier than the boys (no library books were involved). And I should also point out that while we purchased the letters for the boys and then painted them, for Grace we purchased a piece of wood and Brian cut out each letter using his jigsaw. So hey her's may be less detailed but they are handcut!


 We painted the room. It was a joint effort. Brian did a great job with the cutting, and I think we are both in agreement that pink paint took more effort than we had anticipated.
A collection of her items- pre sprinkle letters.

 The boys picked out the fabric for this (light blue polka dots) we are going to stick photos of the three of them in it on her wall. 20 minutes well spent... once i figured out how to load the staple gun.
 The mobile... the boys had one that spun and made music. Grace has one made out of paper. So she'll live. See the circle theme... awesome.
 Letters pre paint, good job Brian!
 Some "art"
 So this initially turned out awesome but needs to be redone. It doesn't show up that well on the wall.
 The bedding. It's one of those things you shouldn't look too closely at. But the quilt and the bedskirt and the curtains are all coordinated. I know, crazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds