Happy Birthday to Me!

So Monday was my 29th birthday. It was great, we took lots of photos, but then... I took some cough medicine and decided to download the photos. And then I deleted them. Yep... that's sad. Not only did I delete the birthday photos but I deleted all the graduation/utah trip photos, and the first baseball game photos and videos. Yep... smart. But luckily this one video survived (thanks em). So here it is. And luckily it is totally worth it. SO funny.

So 29, let's reflect now that we've lamented the mistakes made while taking cough syrup. 29 promises to be the best year yet. My hope is that 29 is uneventful, that we enjoy our life, our kids, and the lack of winter in Austin. This year I'd like to sweep the floor less, accept my squishy mom tummy more, and enjoy being crazy and messy with my kids. I'd like to try new recipes, spend more time with Brian, and read a few more books. I'd like to volunteer in my community, go to the temple, and continue reading my scriptures daily. I'd like to consider going on a run, but be ok if all I do is put on the running pants, I'd like to ride my sweet bike with the boys, visit friends and family, and continue to have screaming conversations with Emily on the phone.

We have been so blessed, and my goal for this year is to step back and recognize those blessings daily instead of taking them for granted. I would like to take President Henry B. Erying's advice and "recognize and remember God's kindness".  So Happy 29th Birthday to me!


Oh a few more things about the birthday. I came home from Utah to a very clean house. Brian did an AMAZING job. All the laundry was folded AND put away, the kitchen as so clean, the floors were swept. It was amazing. And Michael and Brian so nicely bought me some pool toys (because what 29 year old doesn't want sharkpedos and chomping orcas) and the best gift of all... a hand held vacuum (that I specifically requested). Who knew there were so many places that a hand held vacuum could reach. Cleaning up after Zach at mealtimes just got easier, the sand just got defeated, and my windowsills have never been cleaner! Thanks Brian and Michael!

Comments

  1. We have a sharkpedo (actually, it's Shamu). It's our favorite pool toy ever. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds