My Sweet Oldest Son
My sweet oldest son tries my patience on... an hourly basis. He is strong willed and boy does he not want to listen to me. There are days, like yesterday (above) that a 5:45pm bedtime is strictly enforced (this picture was taken at 6pm), and there are days where he never ceases to amaze me. I think Michael is a little genius child, I'm sure someday I will find out that he is just like all the rest of his peers but for now I'm convinced he is a cut about the rest. He catches on to things really quickly when he wants to, and occasionally I am just shocked by him.
Today was an example of my shock (in a good way). We were outside writing with sidewalk chalk and I looked over and saw this. While it may be hard to see it is his name, written three times, without help. The best one is the bottom one, but sadly it is in yellow and half erased (thanks Zach).
Zach and I were on another section of the patio drawing flowers when Michael said "Look Mom I wrote my name!" I have to admit I was a bit skeptical before looking over, but then I was just flabbergasted, he had in fact written his name. I asked him where he learned to do it and he said "From you mom!" Yeah... no. We have tried to practice but only gotten to the I or maybe the H if we are really lucky before he has given up in frustration. He must have learned this at preschool. I asked if he writes his name at preschool, because I've seen lots of artwork but never anything with his name written by him, and he said "nope, the paper is too small, I only write the M". I'm still convinced it was preschool. I asked him how he knew how to write his letter and this is what he said "Mom the M is just a mountain, you go down, up, down up. The I is just a line, the C is like a table, the H is two lines and a slash, and the A is just like the H with a tent on top. The L is just like the E but with one line." He didn't have an explanation for the E, I guess he just knows about E's. But there you have it, Michael knows how to write his name. When I congratulated him and made a huge deal over it he looked at me like "please mom, writing your name is easy". When Brian came and congratulated him he said "Dad I just wrote the Michael part of my name, but my real name is Michael Alexander." So apparently to him writing your name is as easy as whining to get the blue sip cup. Either way I am thrilled for him, and once again amazed, he is one smart cookie.
On another smart cookie note. On Saturday Michael and I went to IKEA on an impromptu Mikey Mommy date. We were looking for something in the warehouse on aisle 38. I told Michael, not thinking he knew what 38 was that we were looking for aisle 38. He replied, "Ok Mom, aisle three eight." And then proceeded to take me to aisle three eight. What a smart little cookie.
Today was an example of my shock (in a good way). We were outside writing with sidewalk chalk and I looked over and saw this. While it may be hard to see it is his name, written three times, without help. The best one is the bottom one, but sadly it is in yellow and half erased (thanks Zach).
Zach and I were on another section of the patio drawing flowers when Michael said "Look Mom I wrote my name!" I have to admit I was a bit skeptical before looking over, but then I was just flabbergasted, he had in fact written his name. I asked him where he learned to do it and he said "From you mom!" Yeah... no. We have tried to practice but only gotten to the I or maybe the H if we are really lucky before he has given up in frustration. He must have learned this at preschool. I asked if he writes his name at preschool, because I've seen lots of artwork but never anything with his name written by him, and he said "nope, the paper is too small, I only write the M". I'm still convinced it was preschool. I asked him how he knew how to write his letter and this is what he said "Mom the M is just a mountain, you go down, up, down up. The I is just a line, the C is like a table, the H is two lines and a slash, and the A is just like the H with a tent on top. The L is just like the E but with one line." He didn't have an explanation for the E, I guess he just knows about E's. But there you have it, Michael knows how to write his name. When I congratulated him and made a huge deal over it he looked at me like "please mom, writing your name is easy". When Brian came and congratulated him he said "Dad I just wrote the Michael part of my name, but my real name is Michael Alexander." So apparently to him writing your name is as easy as whining to get the blue sip cup. Either way I am thrilled for him, and once again amazed, he is one smart cookie.
On another smart cookie note. On Saturday Michael and I went to IKEA on an impromptu Mikey Mommy date. We were looking for something in the warehouse on aisle 38. I told Michael, not thinking he knew what 38 was that we were looking for aisle 38. He replied, "Ok Mom, aisle three eight." And then proceeded to take me to aisle three eight. What a smart little cookie.
Comments
Post a Comment