Our Favorite Fords

As part of our super long trip to Utah we got to stop and see our favorite fords. Kurtis was one of Brian's mission companions way back in the day in Argentina, and later one of his roommates when he got back from his mission. After Kurtis and Meg got married they were our favorite couple friends, so when we grew up and moved away from BYU and they did too we were more than a little sad that they ended up in Albuqurqe and we ended up in Dallas. Now things have changed a bit and they live slightly outside ABQ and we live in Austin, but still we are 600+ miles apart. But as luck would have it ABQ is just about halfway between Austin and SLC, so we were able to stop and see them on the way to Emily's wedding and on the way home. We will have to go back again soon, it was so fun to see them and their three sweet boys!

I didn't get any pictures from our trip on the way there, but let's just say we had a blast. Meg cooked amazing meals (as usual, she is so talented), Michael played with the boys, the chickens, and the goats, and Brian, Michael, and the Ford boys (plus Kurtis) had a nerf war. 

On the way home we also had a blast. Zach was just so happy to be out of the car he collapsed. 

Brian and Kurtis spent a good deal of time chatting, just like the old days. Not sure you can tell but in this picture Kurtis is holding Michael's Poppy pillow and Brian is holding a sling shot... 
 I went to find the Poppy pillow and this is what I found. Kurtis holding the pillow while they both looked to see if they had gotten a bird with the slingshot. clearly they hadn't. Oh yes and those are real chickens and geese in the picture. Michael said they lived on a farm he was in heaven. He keeps asking if we can go back to the farm.
 Megan got a baby goat for her birthday, Michael thought about feeding him, but then chose not to.
 I fed the goat instead. I must admit he was pretty cute.
 Michael wasn't sure about that.


 Kurtis brought a lamb over to visit the boys on the swing set, again michael wasn't so sure, but he was thrilled about the idea of animals. We only have a cat, he wasn't quite sure what to do.

 Pretty much since we had Michael, Kurtis has been asking to take him for a ride on a dirt bike. I relented and Michael got to take a ride around their yard (which in fairness is really big). I wasn't sure Michael would get on, but he did, and then he went again. He loved riding the motorcycle.

 There they are way in the distance

 Kurtis is an engineer and he loves to make things. He made his boys some swords out of PVC and asked if he could make Michael one too. This is probably the coolest kid sword I have ever seen, plus it was custom made! Thank you we love it!
 Michael told him he wanted a Jake and the neverland pirates sword, and that is exactly what he got.
 Now this set of pictures requires an explanation. When Brian and Kurtis were on their mission, Kurtis liked to challenge Brian to "push up" contests. Brian says he would try and get out of them by saying things like "let's see how many push ups you can do while I put on my shoes, etc". Well Kurtis came up with a new twist on the pushup contest, how many push ups can you do with your wife on your back. I thought for sure Brian would refuse... but no... So here I am trying to understand what he meant... I was confused, and nervous, what if I fell the three inches to the floor.
 Yeah I slowed him down with my laughter and awkwardness. He ended up winning (in a second round). I just wanted to tell him, hey buddy, this would have been easier 8 years and two kids ago, but nope we powered through.
 Meg is a much better sport than I was.

 Zach was not ready to leave the next morning, he really wanted to sleep and try and smother himself
 Michael held his sword most of the way back to texas.
 Zach also loves the sword.
Thanks Fords! We can't wait to come visit again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds