The Wedding Part 3

So Emmy got married. 

We stayed in a hotel the night before the wedding so we wouldn't have to worry about parking or traffic. Her sister in laws came and helped get her ready. They used all these makeup terms we hadn't heard of, she was beautiful (she always is) so they did a great job. 


 We were running a few minutes behind so we decided to walk/run to the temple. This would have been great except for a few slight issues. First, em forgot her shoes, so she had to borrow my extra flats. Luckily I was prepared and had flats. Second, because I am not gifted at wearing heels i was a bit slow. third, the road/sidewalk between city creek and the temple isn't all flat, lots of it is cobblestone or something like that, I twisted my ankle on the way. it was great, but I kept running (bad). after the luncheon i took off the flats heels and walked to the car barefoot, the car was far and i burned my feet. so many bad feet decisions.
 so here emily is running towards the temple. I love the salt lake temple, it is so beautiful, plus I'm biased because I got married there.  oh and along the way we ran into this guy... at first we weren't sure who he was and then we noticed it was MUGGLE! he was pretty proud of himself for sneaking up on us.


 still running.
It was a beautiful day. we were nervous because it had been raining and cold all week. the wedding day however was warm and beautiful. 
Naptime happened to fall during the wedding so Zach napped. 
You can't really tell that its them but it was. here they are coming out of the temple.  
Mikey had to greet his Emmy. He had a bit of a struggle that day. he is used to getting lots of attention from Emily and that day she wasn't as available. She did do an awesome job though, she hugged him, danced with him, and let him sit at the head table with her. We love our Emmy (and Colin). 

Michael has told me that he was going to marry Emmy so I was surprised he was so happy for her. But he was, so that is great. 

Emmy and Colin and their nephews (his sister has a little boy too). Poor Zach his head was being squished. 

The bridal party... 

Zacho and uncle muggle. Michael was more willing to hold Zach this time since he was less breakable. 
fancy pants name card at the luncheon, that's right fancy pants. 
Mikey was really excited about his name card. I hope i can still find it. He saw it at his place and said "Mommy! It's my name!" I asked him how he knew and he looked at me like "duh" and said "it starts with an M". the funny thing that I just realized was that his name card was right next to uncle muggle's and that meant there were two name cards with michael on them rights next to each other. 
the two michaels
Michael found his way to the head table.
he loves his emmy.
Zach joined them too. this picture is hard to see but Mikey is sitting on emmy's lap in the corner. 
watching the movie
Mikey in what he thought was his rightful spot
it would be great if you could actually see this photo
I love that my mom is in the corner of this photo
we headed back to Jared and Di's between the wedding/luncheon and reception. this is what zach did. we tried to get michael to do this too... fail

 Waiting for the reception to start. Emily kidnapped Zach. We kept asking if she wanted us to take him back and she was quite serious that no we could not have him.
 what an adorable pinwheel cake. it was tasty too!
 Muggle held Zach again.
 lovely selfie, best part is that everyone looks... well bad
 see, she wouldn't give zach back.
 Emily and her inlaws. look how nicely they all matched.
 Mikey and his Emmy.
 we told her she looked like a cupcake, Mikey told us he wanted a cupcake.
 Recreating Muggle's pose from my wedding.
 really recreating muggle's pose from my wedding...

 It would be great if I had zoomed in... but I didn't.
 mom and em.
 the "why are you late again!?"  look
 look at her pretty flowers. she looked so pretty and happy!
 Em and her fan club. see even zach loves her
Mikey was insistent that he dance with his emmy. we had to hold him back when she danced with poppy and colin. He had been practicing for a few weeks. she was sweet to dance to with him. thank you emmy!

The Maxfields leaving! Colin looks... sorta terrified of the fire.

my contribution to their decorated car. 

bye Maxfields!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds